.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Ides of June

Justin: So it’s June. Mid June. And it’s hot. Everywhere. There’s no escaping it, you can only endure it with preferably a cool drink and a humming air conditioner. As most of you know, Stace and I just got back from Missouri as we attended her brother’s wedding. Everything was beautiful – the bride, the groom, the wedding party, the church, the reception hall, Stace; everything. Who knew my baby could be girlie??? WHO KNEW?? I was shocked! Stunned, even. Actually, I think most people were. She had on heels, make up, a dress… GIRLIE!

Don’t worry, there are pictures coming.

We had a great time, all in all. The week flew by and now that we’re back it almost seems we never left. Of course now we’re weaning our pug from the hamburgers the sitter was feeding him and daydreaming of Scotland. Hamburgers… who feeds a dog hamburgers? And he’s supposed to go back to regular dog food? Hell, I wouldn’t either! It’s sad really, he follows us everywhere just incase we’re hiding one from him. You can just see the desperation in his little buggy eyes.
Oh, and did I mention the sitter had carpeted floors?? Burgers AND carpeted floors?? I’m surprised he didn’t slash our tires when we came to pick him up. He’s miserable.

Well lets see how good I am… Over the course of the week I met quite a few people: <ahem> Heather, Jeff, and their son Gordy, Lynn, Chris and their son Afton, Megan, Sherrie, Mark, Lee, Melissa, Josie, Connie, Brian, Jamie, John, Lindsey, Carrol, Katherine, Kathy, Dave, Dale, Terry, Jessie, Jim, Judy, Coy, Sarah, Paige, Jessica, Nichole, Catherine, Chuck, Dana, Emma, Jeannie, Cheryl, Gary, Corey, Erin, Jason, Charlie, Becky, Mary, and Aunt June.
If I misspelled your name, I apologize.
So it was a busy week. We worked in Stace’s parent’s kitchen and garden some, traveled back and forth from Kansas City to Jefferson City a couple times, visited a winery, ate at some great places… good times all around.

Stace is threatening to actually write up a summary so I’ll break it off here with a heart felt THANK YOU to everyone involved in our trip. It was very nice to meet you and I’m looking forward to going back.

Be safe and well,
JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home