.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Long, Deep Breath

As I look over the day's football schedule and open the doors instead of running the AC, I take a long, deep breath, revelling in the fact that Autumn is almost here.

Exhale.

Summer was busy and hot. We travelled some, lounged a little and worked a lot. I'm still with Duke and still really enjoying the new position. Stacey had an injury back in May or so and was told that running marathons was probably not the best thing for her so Seattle was out. We mourned that race on it's date as we were really looking forward to making that trip and her finishing another event. She is focusing more now on triathlons, which seems to be a bit more exciting.
June was a rough month as not only did my mother's mother pass away, but so did my Great Uncle Don. Grandmother Doris had been fighting cancer for 8 or 9 months, which says a lot considering the small amount of weeks she had been told to expect in the beginning. My mother and father took excellent care of her in their own home and I know that had a lot to do with her extended good health.

Uncle Don passed on due to complications from heart surgery. They were good people and will be dearly missed.

In the spirit of Life and it's continuing cycle, about that same time our good friends Lynn and Chris Paszkiewicz had their second son, Rowan. Or as I like to call him, "Rowan, son of Lynn and Christopher, brother to Afton". Of course you have to say it all formal and "Lord of the Rings" like.



Speaking of the "Family P", that brings me to photos as, if you remember, Lynn is a noted photographer in Kansas City and shot our wedding. http://www.studiopphoto.com/

I've been getting back into the swing of the camera finally and have done a few things. I shot our friend's Jamie's wedding in the beginning of August and am fairly happy with the results. I'll post a few here to share, just don't tell Jamie as I have yet to get them to her... Oops.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home