.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Pages Inbetween

Justin: While Stace takes a second to recount the Missouri trip, let me interject with some other goings on since the last update…
We bought a new couch back in March. WHOO HOO! Now don’t get me wrong, the futon couch (and NO, not a Wally World special, thank you) is still very much loved by all who have experienced it, however it is indeed showing it’s age of what, 10-11 years and is on its way to that Big Living Room in the Sky.
<sniffle> You will be missed, old friend.
So, back to the new couch. We found it at Rooms-to-Go and are enjoying it greatly, though the new pillows are limiting our snuggling ability as they cut into the cuddle area. But it is very comfortable and flows well with the hardwoods. We are deciding on either getting the little love seat or one or two single chairs to go along with it… That is still up in the air.

What else... OH! My good friend Josh has moved to Alpharetta from Madison, WI, where he has been for several years now. Josh and I went to college together and he lived with me here in Charlotte for a couple of years before becoming a Cheesehead. I am looking forward to spending more time with him now that he is much closer… though I will admit that I am going to miss closing down Madison bars, hiding from stuffed Buffalo, and bagging it in front of the open sliding glass door. Good times.

Taking the good with the bad, my uncle passed away last month. He was a wonderful man, a mentor to his community, a favored pastor, and a good father and a good friend. His passing inspires me to believe that no matter your name for that “Better Place” after this physical life, it must exist for he is surely there. We love you, Uncle Dave.

Well, also rather recently, my father has joined the Red Cross. After Katrina he worked with the Red Cross as a volunteer helping victims that were moved to Knoxville and evidently made quite the impression. He is working in a crisis management role and is one of the angels who work with victims of a disaster to help get them sheltered and taken care of. Not too long ago he spent about a week in Western Tennessee after a string of tornadoes ripped thru and devastated many towns. He seems to enjoy it very much and I imagine it is very rewarding.

The rest of the family is doing well. My nephew continues to grow and to amaze, my sister and my brother-in-law seem to be doing fine. Oh, he is going back to school, so that is a good thing. He wants to teach, which watching him with Hayden and the bible school class shouldn’t really surprise me as he’s well suited for it.

I bought a new camera! An Olympus Evolt e-500. I was stuck between that and the Canon Digital Rebel XT – still not sure I made the right choice, but it is a great camera and as soon as I get past the learning curve I’ll hopefully have something interesting to share.

I think that’s about it… There were no camping trips to speak of and other then some paint going up in the house, nothing else has been done… I’ll look and see if we posted any pictures of the new colors. We painted the bathroom a lighter blue and the office a nice foresty green. I put up black bracketless shelves and we’re generally pleased. Actually I guess we are too pleased as that is where we spend the most time these days. Geesh. What nerds!

Be safe and well,
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home