.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So little time...

Stacey: You'd think I'd find time to post as I sit at the computer for half the day...oh well. These past two months have been such a blur that I really didn't realize we were halfway thru July until this morning. Oops!
I won't add much after Justin's play by play but just wanted to say a few things.
THANK YOU GREG & GROVER - I'd never met you before but I like that you moved heavy things for me so come over anytime. Or just have fun shooting at my boyfriend when he's online.
I've come to discover that parents take great joy in foregoing their own entertainment to help with such fun tasks as refrigerator cleaning, ceiling fan installations and the unpacking of my kitchen-thanks to all of our parents for so much help.
Our parents all got to meet a couple of weekends ago and all went well thankfully. Not that we were really worried. My biggest concern was trying to explain my mum's strange IHOP obsession to the Keelings but they seemed to be okay with that quirk and even joined us for breakfast so that was great.
Big thanks to Justin himself for making his first project the setting up of an office for me in the house-he's still using the floor so I can have the desk. Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is. :-)
To all of my friends who have forgotten what I look/sound like, I'll be in touch soon-I miss you guys (and you know who you are).
For anyone still wondering what Stacey is doing with her life, I start real estate school next Saturday and will give up the following seven weekends for the cause. Woo-hoo!
It's been a crazy summer and I continue to learn more and more about Justin and relationships. For instance, Justin gets a little frustrated when he can't find plumbing parts he believes should exist (this I discovered after an hour in the same aisle at Lowes). One should not reason with him or placate him at this point-just let it pass. I'm figuring out what's really important to get ticked off about and it's not who's stuff should go in which closet.
So now we're just trying to unpack, organize, perhaps decorate. We're looking at new front doors, getting a baker's rack for our shelfless kitchen. rugs so poor Oscar dog can remember the joy of walking without sliding and saving up for the ceiling fan we want for the bedroom. Still haven't tackled the great painting decisions and hoping to fit in some hiking sometime soon.
Any ideas for the paint colors? Right now I'm thinking some sort of red for the living room, Pompeii Orange for the kitchen (Thanks Lori!), and either brown or blue for the bedroom.
Okay, going to work now. I hope all is well with everyone. I'm going to try to make a MO visit in the next couple of months and I can't wait to see everyone!!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 12, 2005 4:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those parts SHOULD exist, DAMMIT. There is NO WAY a 3/8 female to female compression joint does not exist. If it doesn't I'm about to be a billionaire. Oh, and if anyone takes my idea of a pipe to toilet flex hose with inline 1/4 twist valve, I GET HALF THE MONEY. Okay, I'll setttle for a quarter of it. - Justin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home