.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What NOT to do for your Dad's birthday...

Justin: So this was the big moving weekend. I am happy to report that Stace and I are officially moved into our new home. We even spent last evening sitting on the front porch enjoying a strong summer thunderstorm. A couple of friends of mine, Grover and Greg, and I started on Thursday and moved her out of her apt. that night after work. On Friday my dad came in and we packed everything up at my rental house. Saturday morning Grover showed up at 7 with his trailer and Phil turned up around 9, 9:30. We got all the big stuff moved by noon. The rest of the weekend was the small stuff and doing small projects around the house (door stops, cleaning, setting up the stereo - Oh don't act like that wasn't important - installing showerhead, etc). Yesterday I dealt with finishing the utility setups and some unpacking.

Did I mention that Sunday was my Dad's birthday?

Yep. Nothing like 12 hours of manual labor to celebrate your special day. Poor guy. Nothing was working out to schedule. By the time Stacey and I were able to give him his cake (which Stacey ate all the ice cream before hand, by the way) it was almost 10PM. In my defense I did take him to The Penguin for lunch. The Penguin is Charlotte's oldest diner and is a real treat to hit. We both had the Small Block burger (double fried hamburger with cheese - mine was Southern style: chili coleslaw, mustard, onion) and split an order of chili cheese fries. Such fatfilledgreaseygooeycheeseymeatygoodness. Mmmmmmmmmmm...... Needless to say it is not a place to hit on a regular basis.
Anyway, we made a lot of headway while Stacey worked at her office doing realtor magic. The house is cozy and warm feeling. It still has a long way to go but it is definitely off to a good start. I will add pictures from the weekend this evening. Unfortunately I was too busy to be in "documentary mode" so I didn't get pictures of the guys helping, but I may be able to round up something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home