.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Whoever draws my name this year...

Stacey: Remember that nothing says love like a Home Depot gift certificate!

So we've started planning for remodeling and all of a sudden I'm figuring costs to replace windows and getting estimates for hardwood refinishing and I have no idea how people have owned homes.
Better yet, I'm not sure how my parents owned a home and could still afford not to sell their children to a sweatshop in Indonesia.
Seriously though, we'll be fine and we have plenty of time to get everything done but I'm definitely going to think twice about paying covers anymore. It'll have to be one heck of a band to get my $7 from now on!
Hopefully my dad will be one of those retired guys who gets tired of puttering around the house and will be looking for projects to do. I'll gladly buy a plane ticket for free labor.
Anyways, after blinding ourselves by hours of intense concentration at the sherwin-williams website, we've almost agreed on colors. And I'm sure everyone was very worried about that...

Hope all is well with everyone!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justino... Yes the whole home remodeling thing can be quite the finacial burden... Probably the biggest reason I've not shown up in NC for a while. If you going to do the hardwoods, plan for at least 4 to 5 days out of your house... and window fans are the trick to get that nasty Polyurathane smell out.
Windows really aren't that bad, but buying them is the biggest thing (duh), once you sort through the billions of options. ... You still have Podo??? If so, maybe a string and a wooden musical box could bring in some extra clams on a busy street corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home