.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Super Sushi Six month anniversary

So yesterday was the six month anniversary for anyone who's keeping count. And we celebrated by having a sushi feast at one of our favorite spots, Ru'Sans, and followed that with a book-store trip for Stacey and a Home Depot trip for Justin. More on that in a sec but first let me say that one of my favorite things about Justin is how happy he gets about the smallest gifts. I picked up some glow in the dark sleeping bag tabs for him and he was all excited - it was sweet.
Back to Home Depot....so for months I've been debating paint colors and overthinking it (as I usually do with most things) but yesterday we just bit the bullet and picked out a shade of brown for the bedroom (roasted chestnut I believe). Did I love it? Not really. Was I shopping on a full stomach and knew I had a couch and a new book to read and a nap to take? Absolutely. I think I would have said yes to bubble gum pink at that point.
So we get home and decide to paint on Sunday (today) and then I have this little conversation with myself this morning while I was lying there staring at the walls:

Me: "Brown. Well, I have brown floors, brown furniture and oh yeah..brown floors. I'm going to be living in mud. Brown? That's what I choose after months of thinking and planning...that's the best I can think of is brown??? So when I paint the walls and have brown floors and brown furniture I can have a room about as distinctive as a dirtpatch. So if someone breaks in, I can throw on a pair of khakis and blend into the background??? Okay, I've got to wake Justin up. (Lean over, shake groggy Justin awake) Honey, you know what I was thinking? What about a dark purple in here?"
Justin: "Yeah, I was thinking that last night too."

Gotta love it. After much eye-rolling and laughing at the process, we've decided on purple for the bedroom. The one color I had not even considered is the best choice. Gotta love irony.

So we're outta here - time for a Sherwin Williams trip. If anyone needs roasted walnut or chestnut or whatever it's called, let us know...we've got a couple of spare gallons.

Pictures coming soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home