.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Friday, July 29, 2005

Why we normally cage Justin when I'm gone...

(see below pictures): So I'm at my class last night and I call Justin during the first break to see what he's doing. Here's how the conversation went:

Stacey: "Hey honey, whatcha' up to?"
Justin: "Tearing up the kitchen floor!"
*note that he said that this with the enthusiasm of a ten year old building his first tree house
Stacey: "Err....that's great honey."
Justin: "Yeah, it's really slimy and there's four layers of flooring and lots of water. I think the water heater is leaking"
*this was said with so much enthusiasm that I imagined him jumping up and down like a ten year old at Christmas.
Stacey: "Okay then. Well I'll be home in a few hours - First Aid Kit's in the bathroom, Home Depot closes at 10."

Which brings me to the new thing I've learned about Justin - he likes projects. And when he decides to do them, he does them immediately. I wouldn't even be shocked to wake up at 2 am to find him painting the living room if the mood hit him. Hence the installing of a ceiling fan on a 90 degree day which made our attic roughly, the temperature of the Sahara.

Add our new neighbor Cabo Steve to the mix (equally project oriented) and I could have this house razed to the ground and re-built by Xmas.

But back to the floor...coincidentally our home inspector is also in my realtor class so he swung by to take a look under the house. Thankfully there is no rot but we're going to replace the entire floor just to be safe. So now I get to learn all about my homeowner's policy and contractors and fun stuff. This is when it's nice working in a realty office...I don't have to search far for people to call.

Anyways, hope all is well with everyone! Check back soon-maybe the boys will have built the new addition by then.

Stacey

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I can so imagine Justin acting just like that when suddenly becoming in the mood to tackle a project. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home