.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Justin's Beach House

A bit of cyberspace dedicated to keeping concerned folks updated on the antics of two kooky kids, their pug and a new puppy! Stay tuned....

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yep, it's Autumn

Justin: There is something about Autumn that just fits me and I miss it when it's gone. I don't mind Winter or Spring, and the only thing about Summer that I can tolerate is that after it's gone Autumn will be here. But it's now here, and I'm loving every second of it. Cool weather, fewer mosquitoes, clearer days and nights, American Football with all that that entails, camping... (dreamy sigh) just everything. Stace and I spent yesterday morning volunteering for the Dilworth 8K Jubilee, directing traffic for the runners. Did I mention that I'm not a morning person? Stace got me up at a little after 6 and I think I said 4 words until 10:30. Unfortunately it didn't help that made I us late and we couldn't stop to get me a soda. I grunted at a couple of people whom I was introduced to and waved cars through and clapped as the runners raced by. But we all survived it and around 2:30 we packed the dogs in the car and went to our friend Sharon's house for DOGGIE PLAY TIME! Sharon has a puppy named Doobie and another friend of ours brought her dog, Mr. Oliver Binks, so we had a yard full of animals. Well, three dogs in the yard as Oscar wasn't having any of the rough housing if there was a warm lap to snuggle into. I took the camera and came away with a few shots that turned out. Trying to catch playing dogs makes you realize how important a very fast lens really is... I'll be shopping for an upgrade soon, I believe. We chatted, started a fire in the fire pit when it started getting late in the afternoon, ordered pizza and hung out until 9:30 or so when Porter started being a butthead and was barking at Kress, Sharon's fiancee, when he got home. Not sure what that was about, other then either a male/male problem or Porter felt he was protecting Doobie as Kress and Doobie were rough housing just a little. (shrug) Not sure, but we'll get him acclimated to Kress as he will be around for a while.
Anyway, here are a few from the afternoon.
Be safe.


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home